’Tis the season to be jolly! And that means spending as much time as possible with the people you love – family, friends old and new, your community. Holiday entertaining is the perfect way to make all of that mixing and mingling happen. Good food and drink, laughter, tradition and plenty of holiday cheer definitely help to make the season bright. Whether you’re hosting a gathering for two or twenty, here are some of our very merry ideas to get you started!
1. Host a holiday brunch: We all know schedules get overloaded this time of year. Brunch is a great way to get a group of friends together in one place and it’s easy to cater. Ask everyone to bring a dish or serve tasty comfort foods with a holiday twist, like a cinnamon roll tree or cranberry and maple French toast. And don’t forget the mimosas!
2. Trim the tree: A tree trimming party is a classic holiday event and can be the perfect way to start off your ornament collection as newlyweds! Invite each guest to bring along a single ornament (made or bought) to help decorate your tree. You’ll treasure these ornaments for many years and putting each up every year will remind you of its giver.
3. Give back: If you really want to get into the holiday spirit, make your get-together an opportunity to help others. Host a food or toy drive, volunteer as a group at a soup kitchen or animal shelter or get everyone together to make or build something for the community.
4. Pamper yourselves: The holidays can be a stressful time. Get your girls together for an afternoon of pampering. Who doesn’t want a festive manicure?
5. Have a winter sledding party: There’s nothing more fun than an afternoon spent sledding in the snow! When everyone’s tired out, welcome them inside for hot cocoa. It’s easy and fun to set up a hot cocoa station with all the garnishes: whipped cream, marshmallows, chocolate sprinkles, cherries, crushed candy canes, and syrups. Serve with an assortment of Christmas cookies and enjoy!
What holiday parties will you be hosting this year?