Happy Thanksgiving friends! Wishing you a very happy holiday with your loved ones. On this holiday, like many, I like to reflect on the things I’m thankful for in life and how I can express that thanks to those around me.
If you’re planning a wedding, there are many opportunities to say thanks. From the messages and gifts that arrive from all corners of the world to congratulate you on your engagement to the family and friends who pitch in to help along the way, to the vendors who make all those Pinterest dreams of yours come true. There are many people to give thanks to both before and after the wedding. And there’s one vote of thanks you don’t want to forget – to all those guests who travel from near and far to share your big day with you. It’s such a special feeling being surrounded by those who love you. What a gift! We’ve helped brides and grooms come up with some really clever and creative ways to thank their guests over the years – here are five of our favorites!
1. Favors: Guest favors are the most common way to thank your guests. Whether you choose a token that’s small and sweet or get creative with more elaborate table gifts, be sure to add a ‘thank you’ tag to start. Edible favors are always most welcome or choose something that ties into your theme, location or relationship story for an extra special touch. Another option is to donate to a charity in lieu of a favor and let guests know that you have made a contribution in their name – an extra special way to give back! Keep it personal and thoughtful, whatever the gift may be and your guests will appreciate it.
2. Thank You Notes: A note of thanks at each place setting is a lovely way to show your appreciation to each guest, whether you choose to use a printed card (which can double up as a menu) or write a personalized note. The wording could be something simple like: “Thank you for sharing our first meal as Mr and Mrs” or a longer message, letting guests know how they have helped to shape and nurture your relationship. Other places you could include a thank you note are your order of service, place cards, destination wedding welcome bag or even your cocktail menus.
3. Thank Your Signs: Custom signage is another way to say thank you to all your guests at the same time. A large chalkboard sign at the entrance to your ceremony, a wooden directional sign upon arrival, a custom stencil on your dance floor or even a graffiti wall at the reception all make great moments of thanks.
4. Welcome Gifts: If you have guests coming from out of town, then a lovely way to show gratitude for their effort is to welcome them with a basket or bag filled with local treats and a personal note. If most of your guests are staying at the same venue, another sweet idea is to surprise them with an after-party gift or a turndown gift at night, like a midnight snack or hangover remedy kit for the morning after the big day.
5. The Speeches: While public speaking can be a daunting prospect for many, a sincere thank you during the speeches can be the most personal way to let your guests know how much they mean to you. Speak simply and from the heart and it’s sure to be a memorable moment for everyone there! And if the stage is too scary, just say thanks when you greet your guests personally. Those private moments mean the world to those who cherish you both.
Happy Thanksgiving and thank YOU for being a part of our lives here at Bella Design and Planning.
Photo by Jason and Gina photography.